Relution Server Release 5.4
Extension of the CSV upload in the device inventory
By means of a CSV file it is possible to update device names and users. The devices are identified by the serial number and the attributes “deviceName” and “userEmail” are replaced with the specified values accordingly. The following set of rules is applied:
- If the „device name" column is empty, the name of the device will not be changed
- If the „user's e-mail" column is empty, the user will not be changed
- If no user can be identified by the specified email or multiple users are found, the user will not be changed
Limit lessons to timetable with the Relution teacher console
In the lesson settings, lessons can be limited to the stored timetable. If this function is activated, no lessons outside the timetable can be started via the Relution teacher console.
Filtering users by groups
Users can be filtered in the user overview via group membership.
Extended restrictions for iOS devices as of iOS 14.5
The following new restrictions are available:
- Allow auto unlock
- Disable connections to Siri servers for the purposes of dictation
- Allow booting into recovery mode by an unpaired device
Checking the policy versions during device update
When updating iOS devices, the system checks whether the device has the published versions of all the policies in its policy list and the list of executed policies. If it does not, a policy update or an update to the latest published versions of the respective policy is triggered. When a new policy is applied, the current published version is used.
Applying multiple “Manage apps” configurations
If several Android Enterprise policies with a “Manage apps” configuration are applied to a device, only the configuration from the policy with the highest priority was observed until now. Instead, it is now possible to distribute the configuration of apps across multiple policies. The different app lists are now combined into a common list.
If the same app is defined in multiple policies, the entry with the strongest restriction in terms of installation type wins for them:
Blocked > Force-installed > Pre-installed > Available
The rest of the app’s settings (Managed Properties, Permissions, and Advanced Settings) are taken from this configuration.
If the installation type is also ambiguous, the entry from the policy with the highest priority applies. If the app is disabled in at least one configuration, the app is basically disabled on the device.
Antivirus settings management
For Windows 10 devices, the following configurations can be made for Antivirus:
- Scan settings for type, interval and others
- File types included in the scan
- File types excluded in the scan
- Advanced settings for Windows Defener and others
- Threat management for all valid threat severity levels
- Rules for the attack surface reduction (ASR)
Manage Windows licensing
With the “Windows Licensing” configuration, a license key can be stored on the devices in the XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX format for the Windows 10 Education, Enterprise, Pro and Home editions.
Multiple enrollment for Windows 10 devices
Multi-enrollment is an efficient way to set up a large number of Windows 10 devices to be managed by an MDM server without the need to re-image the devices.
For more details see the Microsoft documentation on bulk enrollment.
Badges für Windows 10 Editionen und Versionen
For better clarity in terms of compatibility of policies and their configurations and actions for Windows 10 devices, badges are displayed with the Windows editions and versions to which the corresponding settings and actions can be applied.
Here, version 1507 is the minimum supported version and is therefore not displayed. Configurations and actions that are available for all supported editions Home, Enterprise, Education and Pro also do not receive a badge.
All other supported editions and versions are displayed accordingly. Configurations and actions can be applied to Windows 10 devices with editions and versions that are not compatible, but the settings are not executed.
- Set fully managed Android Enterprise mode as the default for Android Enterprise enrollments
- Add the option to create a new version of a policy if the current version is already published
- Disable all fields in the Windows WiFi configuration when it is published
- Adding a hint for Android Enterprise restrictions that untrusted apps will be uninstalled even if they are allowed in the restrictions, if the policy does not contain a Play Store management configuration at all or if restricted mode is enabled
- Adaptation of the error code message that an action can no longer be canceled because it is already being performed by the device
- Extension of the list view "Devices with this app" in the app details by columns with general device information
- Adding the column "created by" in the "enrollments" overview
- Adding the columns "iTunes ID" and "Bundle identifier" in the "Purchased apps" overview
- Display of the configuration name in the policy overview of a device
- Display of the serial number of the device in the device information
- Merging the first column and the context menu in all table views
- Troubleshooting the display of information on the details page of Android Enterprise devices
- Bugfix when pre-filling the password field on the login page in the web portal when using a password manager
- Troubleshooting when pressing the enter key in the user name field to perform login to the web portal when the password is already filled in
- Bug fix for the password reset view in the web portal, which was still visible after login
- Ensure policy reapplication when logging in to an Apple Shared iPad
- Allow MDM profile update when device certificate expires
- Ensure deletion of an assigned user when an iOS device is enrolled as a shared device device
- Ensure that the latest published version of a policy is assigned when it is reapplied to the device
- Performance optimization when retrieving auto enrollments
- Removal of duplicate translation files from i18n folder
- Reduce log messages to WARN level when file content retrieval fails due to stream abort
- Bug fix for rulesets to not send inactivity notifications for active devices, even if the device was inactive in the past
- Troubleshooting the creation of new versions of a policy when a single configuration is invalid
- Bug fix for asset and license synchronization for VPP apps in Relution settings
The changelog for the release can be found here.